I believe in buying quality items that I can recycle annually without looking too out of touch. The key to doing this is buying timeless items like the Ulla Johnson midi dress I had on today. This dress is so boho chic and I can see myself wearing it for 20 years to come. It is just a summer head turner any year regardless of the running trend. It oozes laid back chic and really impacts my mood and attitude to the day every time I wear it. I mean everything slows down, but then again that’s the beauty of an Ulla Johnson dress. Definitely pricey, but if you are patient and smart enough you can get a good bargain in the Selfridges sales.
Back to accessories, as regardless of how much I love this dress, everything needs to be vavamooed (is that even a word?). So I decided to pair it with my current favourite summer accessories;
1. A mini bag – Must have is a cute across the body in neutral or pastel colours. They look so adorable and just scream Paris Chic. My one is the Lou mini bag from Sandro this season and I think sales are on!
Key summer accessories: Panama hat, mini bag in key neutral shades and Oversized transparent sunnies.
2. A Panama hat – Now I know you can get a great copy from any good high street retailer i.e. Zara, but I recommend investing in one! Get one good enough to go to Wimbledon or Ascot. Head to Jermyn street and take your pick, loads of hats or even better google and see what you can find. Mine is from Christy’s this Season and I just love the versatility with which it can uplift my wardrobe oldies at snap of a finger! but also very beautifully made. The quality speaks for itself.
3. Sunglasses – I am loving the oversized 70’s look these Chloe Milla glasses have. They are very Chloe yes, but if you want a touch of subtle divasque glamour without the OTT, then Chloe is great and not as expensive as the other designer brands for the look.
Let me know what your key summer accessories are, leave a comment.
Bank Holiday is done and yes back to work for all of us. Weather didn’t disappoint despite the gloomy predictions in this south eastern part of the UK.
I visited an antiques fair and what better way to go than very boho chilled out. I was a comfortable woman on a mission and you know what the attire definitely helped to get me into the right mood for a antiques fair on a bank holiday Monday.
So items rocked today:
1. scarf from Aspinall London this season (£85).
2. Dress is a current SS18 linen dress from Zara (£40).
3. Earrings are Cos again current season.
4. Espadrilles are previous season Kooples. You can find similar styles in H&M this season actually at a great price.
5. sunnies from D&G (Current season). JLewis, Selfridges and D&G online stock these or any other high end glasses retailer.
So we are all still reeling from the fantastic day we have had with the Royal Wedding. It has been a pretty incredible day that just happened to coincide with a friend’s birthday, so what better excuse to get dressed up, get my groove on and head for Coq d’argent brunch in Bank.
Sun was out and so of course I am going to rock my D&G retro sunglasses!
I recently purchased a pastel blue gathered maxi shirt dress from the Cos summer season 2018 and I mean the colour is a dream and so is this dress. It really is such a bargain at the contemporary Cos price as it would go for a lot more if by a high end designer brand. This is why we all love Cos, a brand that brings quality and edgy fashion at an incredible price. This dress is not bad at £79.
Its all about the accessories right? So I paired up with a Sandro My Lou Medium bag in Contrast light brown, nude pink and white. This is currently priced at £280, but at this time of the year I would definitely wait for the sale and get that 30% off especially as this is a bag you will use for years to come, it’s so retro.
The Tory Burch floral wedges I picked up from the Outnet and you will find a range of discounted summer beauts like these at around £120-£140. I think they are worth the spend as they can be worn several summers to come with loads of wonderful pastel pinks, blues and whites. They are leather print by the way! A great investment.
If you love the nude pink stacking ring, then head to Astley Clarke. Even better sign up to their customer base and wait for a sample sale where you can pick up one of these for £20-£30.
All in all a fabtastic day. Oh the Chanel bag at the table looks great but not mine am afraid, belongs to a girlfriend. To be fair I am so in love with my Sandro bag, what a beaut…
If you have found me then you are about to be opened up to a blogger with a difference! I am not a fashion follower, I am more about buying for keeps, so investing and recycling your pieces. I don’t believe in always following as after all we are all trend setters in our own rights. Fashion is an expression of ourselves and the personalities suppressed by the tick box world we live in.